Turmeric and Sesame Chicken Tenders from Prima Foodie
1 ½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into strips
¼ cup coconut flour
¼ cup olive oil
6 tablespoons white sesame seeds, toasted
1 tablespoon turmeric
1/4 teaspoon cayenne (optional)
½ teaspoon sea salt
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Place three flat glass baking dishes on the counter. In the first dish, spread ¼ cup of coconut flour. In the second, pour ¼ cup olive oil. In the third dish, mix sesame seeds, turmeric, cayenne, sea salt and black pepper.
3. Slice chicken thighs into long strips, about 3 per thigh. Take each strip and dip it in the coconut flour (shaking off excess), then in the olive oil, then in the sesame mixture, and place them evenly spaced on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
4. Bake at 375 degrees on convection for fifteen minutes, then flip and bake for another 10-15 minutes or until chicken is crispy and cooked through.
5. Serve with your choice of dipping sauce.
You can use either avocado oil or olive oil in this recipe.
Recipe shared with permission from Prima Foodie.
Keywords: turmeric sesame chicken tender