Nut & Seed Bars
I love a good snack bar that not only tastes good but doesn’t affect your blood sugar like most packaged bars do from the store. This one is simple to make with lots of extras to satisfy your body’s needs and taste buds!
1/2 cup drippy almond butter ,(you can sub with other nut or seed butter you like)
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup golden monk fruit sweetener, you can sub with coconut sugar
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp Himalayan sea salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 large egg , beaten
1 1/4 cups unsweetened flaked coconut
1 1/4 cups sliced almonds , roughly chopped
1/2 cup chopped pecans OR chopped walnuts
3 Tbsp sunflower seeds
1 Tbsp hemp seeds , optional
1 Tbsp water , as needed
1–2 Tbsp sugar-free vegan chocolate chips , I use Hu’s Gems, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line an 8 x 8 baking dish with parchment paper sling for easier removal. Set aside.
- In a large pot, add the almond butter, coconut oil, monk fruit sweetener over medium heat, while stirring frequently until the sweetener has dissolved. Remove pot from heat and allow mixture to cool down for 2 minutes
- Whisk in cinnamon, salt, vanilla and beaten egg
- Stir in flaked coconut, sliced almonds, chopped pecans, sunflower seeds and hemp seeds until combined. If mixture seems too dry, add 1 Tablespoon of water, or a little bit more as needed to help bind.
- Transfer mixture into prepared pan while pressing down very firmly and flattening with a spatula until tight and compressed. Sprinkle with chocolate chips, if using.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15-18 minutes, until edges are slightly brown.
- Remove pan from oven and allow to cool completely (I like to place the pan in the freezer so the bars set quicker). Once cooled, use the parchment paper overhang to transfer the uncut bars to a cutting board. Using a sharp knife, cut into even rectangles. Bars can be stored in an airtight container or resealable bags in the freezer for up to 3 month