Healthy Spinach Bites Recipe
- 6 cups Fresh Spinach Leaves (washed/trimmed) or you can use frozen spinach (thawed/water squeezed out) packed to make 1 cup.
- 3 large Egg beaten
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella or a combo of parmesan and mozzarella (grated goat cheese works too)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley or herb of your choice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup super fine Almond Flour
- 2 tablespoons psyllium husk (or) ground flax
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Trim and wash fresh spinach leaves (or) defrost and squeeze liquid out of frozen spinach. To measure 1 cup.
- Chop the spinach well on a cutting board and put in mixing bowl.
- Add beaten eggs, cheese, fresh herbs, salt, garlic powder, almond flour and psyllium/flax.
- Mix with a spatula until you can easy shape into small balls. (Note: if still too moist add more almond flour)
- Place bites on baking sheet covered with backing paper
- Makes about 15-20 bites, depending upon how big you make them.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes until golden on top.
- Will keep in fridge for a few days or you can freeze in a glass container.
- Enjoy with your favorite Primal Food dipping sauce (amazon link)