Healthy Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies
Gluten Free, Dairy Free
2 Eggs (can substitute with flax eggs to make vegan)
2 Ripe Bananas
1/2 cup Almond Butter (or your favorite seed/nut butter)
1/4 cup Coconut Oil (slightly melted)
1 cup Gluten Free Rolled Oats (I like Bob’s Red Mill)
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
1/2 cup chopped Raw Walnuts (I roast mine first)
1/2 cup Raisins (or your favorite dried, low sugar fruit….I like Goji berries, bing cherries or wild blueberries from @nuts.com)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Medium bowl mash bananas, add coconut oil, almond butter and vanilla extract. Stir. Slightly stir eggs and add to wet ingredients. Stir.
- Add all dry ingredients (except nuts and dried fruit) and stir.
- Fold in walnuts and dried fruit.
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper. You can either make these larger breakfast size cookies using 2-3 tablespoons per cookie or smaller cookies to enjoy for a snack using 1-2 tablespoons.
- Bake in the oven until slightly golden brown approx. 20 minutes (check at 15 if making smaller cookies)
- Cool. Store in glass covered container for a few days on counter/fridge or freeze and between parchment paper in covered glass container for an easy breakfast option!