Healthy snacks in between meals keep your blood sugar stabilized throughout the day and help to kick cravings to the curb! I like to pack this granola and little 3 oz plastic cups with lids to take on the road with me! This way I stay on top of any hunger cravings in between meals. Kids love it too….especially if you add some dairy-free chocolate chips!!Print
Healthy Granola Recipe
Use raw, organic ingredients whenever possible. These measurements are flexible; don’t worry too much about being exact.
- 2 cups raw, gluten free oats (I like Bob’s Red Mill)
- ½ cup raw nuts, chopped (I like almonds, pecans and cashews)
- ¼ cup raw seeds (sunflower or pumpkin seeds are great)
- ½ cup unsweetened dried fruit, chopped (I like blueberries and cherries)(optional)
- 2–3 Tbsp grade-b maple syrup or raw honey (or a combo of both)
- 2 Tbsp virgin coconut oil or other healthy cooking oil
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large pinch fine sea salt
- Dairy free chocolate Chips (optional: add when mixture is cool after baking)
Preheat the oven to 300º F. Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and use your clean hands to mix well and toss to coat; sticky and messy is good!!
The coconut oil might be liquid or solid depending on the temperature of the room you are in (it has a melting point of about 75ºF.) Your hands will warm it up and melt it into the mixture if it’s solid, just be sure to mix it all through the other ingredients so there aren’t any chunks of oil left.
Spread the mixture in a thin layer on a baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes, until lightly toasted. (To make this recipe completely raw-friendly, dehydrate the mixture 5-6 hours at 115ºF in a food dehydrator instead.)
Cool before serving or storing. This granola can be kept in an airtight container in a cool, dry place for up to 2 weeks. I like keeping in a glass container like a mason jar.