I use to frequent this beautiful little organic juice shop that went by the name “Wheatberry” owned by my dear friends Laura and Rik. One of the goodies my family loved for me to bring home was their “Energy Balls”. While Wheatberry’s store front is no longer there, I hope my version of this beloved, better for you treat will live on through all of you!Print
fundamental5 Power Bites
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Fridge Time: 20-30 minutes
Servings: 30-40 ping-pong size balls
- 2 cups Gluten Free Oats (I like Bob’s Red Mill)*
- 1 cup unsweetened peanut butter or your favorite nut butter (make sure it’s creamy and a bit liquidy)
- 1/3 cup Maple Syrup (or if you prefer to go sugar-free 3–4 drops vanilla liquid monkfruit)
- 1/2 cup ground flax seed
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (I like mini Enjoy Life dairy free chips)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- A pinch of Himalayan Sea Salt
- 1/2 cup Shredded Coconut
- 1/2 cup raw walnut or pecan pieces
- 1/4 cup goji berries
*Note: I like to toast my Oats in the oven on a dry baking sheet for 10 minutes @350. It adds a nutty/roasted flavor to the oats!
Mix everything together in a medium bowl (I like to use a rubber spatula to mix). Mix Well.
Put in Fridge to chill for about 20-30 minutes.
Roll into ping-pong size balls for the perfect bite.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge and/or freezer to last longer. Fridge will last about 2 weeks (although they never last that long in my house!)