Cranberry Kale Salad
- 2 Tbsps finely chopped shallot
- 1 ½ Tbsps apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsps extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp honey (optional)
- 1 tsp grated orange zest
- 3 Tbsps orange juice
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground pepper
- 7 cups stemmed, torn and massaged mixed kale, such as lacinato, curly and/or red
- ½ cup (unsweetened) dried cranberries
- ¼ cup sliced toasted almonds
- Stir shallot and vinegar together in a large bowl; let stand for 5 minutes.
- Whisk in oil, honey, orange zest, orange juice, salt and pepper.
- Add kale and massage the mixture gently with your hands until the kale is lightly wilted, about 3 minutes.
- Arrange the salad on a platter; sprinkle with cranberries and almonds.