Are you ready to live YOUR fully charged life in 2024? Are you ready to create your own elevated momentum to uplevel your life this year? You’re in the right place! To kick off the 2024 season of Elevated Wellness, I have my dear friend and high energy powerhouse, Meaghan Murphy in the house!
Meaghan B Murphy is the author of “Your Fully Charged Life: A Radically Simple Approach to Having Endless Energy and Filling Every Day with YAY” (Penguin Random House), an editor, on-air personality, lifestyle and health expert, a home-hack master and certified trainer. Meaghan is the editor-in-cChief of Woman’s Day, charged with re-energizing the brand across print and digital. This follows a 7-year stint as executive editor at Good Housekeeping.
Along with guiding Woman’s Day creative vision, which reaches 1.4 million readers, Meaghan promotes WD in the media as a regular guest expert on Live with Kelly & Ryan, Today and many more. In addition, Meaghan shot a year-long series for NBC News titled “A Better Way,” in which she shared MacGyver-style home hacks and shortcuts. She joined the fourth season of “Small Business Revolution” (Hulu) as an expert in building community spirit — something she effectively did as Chief Spirit Officer of her own suburban town of Westfield, New Jersey.
A media veteran, Meaghan began her magazine career at YM as an intern after her college scholarship-winning essay on overcoming adversity garnered the attention of editors. Soon after, the prolific go-getter wrote her way to a contributing editor position. She became one of the founding editors of Teen People while still finishing her dual degree in English and acting at Rutgers University, then went on to write for and edit various web sites, was an on-air lifestyle correspondent for MTV and worked on the Victoria’s Secret creative team that launched the PINK line. She dove back into magazines at Cosmopolitan as a senior editor covering sex, relationships, health and wellness. Meaghan’s passion for fitness brought her to SELF in 2005, her home for nine years, first as fitness director then deputy editor. There she produced the magazine’s uber-popular Self Challenge program and appeared in fitness videos with stars such as Jillian Michaels.
Today Meaghan is known for her high-energy, upbeat personality and lifestyle, which she shares regularly with her 33,000+ Instagram followers on @meaghanbmurphy and @theyaylist. Through her personal platform, she’s become a sought-after figure for lifestyle and wellness conferences and projects. She’s even profiled in the documentary “The Search for Aliveness” as its “high-energy, rock-star mom.” Additionally, she’s been featured on countless radio shows and podcasts and co-hosted her own podcast entitled Off the Gram with fellow wellness influencers for three years.
A New Jersey native, Meaghan married her younger brother’s best friend, Patrick, and together they live in Westfield with Team Murphy: Charley (12), James (11), Brooks (9), and labradoodle Dempsey.
In This Episode We Discuss:
- How her challenging childhood lead to “The Seven Secrets to Happiness”
- It’s the micro actions in positivity that lead to happiness
- Fun filter your actions towards joy
- One step leads to another, thinking too big can be overwhelming.
- How to hardwire all the small positives in your day, celebrate them and let them fill you up
- Her proactive journey with Breast Cancer
- How acting helped her manage her strong empathy and emotions
- You always have control of your reactions and that’s it
- Retrain your brain with these small actions to make life easier
- She has always loved exercise, an athlete who has had to reconnect with these changes in her body
- Growth when you accept physical change
- How intermittent fasting has given her a deeper appreciation for food
- Ideas to celebrate every day to create a game changing family life.
- Website: www.meaghanbmurphy.com
- Your Fully Charged Life by Meaghan B Murphy
- Woman’s Day Magazine Editor
- Featured on: The Today show, Mark & Kelly