I am joined this week by my dear friend and one of the most empowering women I know, Tory Archbold. Tory is one of Australia’s top female entrepreneurs and CEOs, she knows that just as our stories have the power to shape us, so we have the power to shape our stories. Having attained global recognition through her businesses Torstar and Powerful Steps, she is now stepping back to connect with the powerful stories of extraordinary women—their highs and lows, near misses and great wins. We sat down to talk about how to elevate your life, business and brand strategies and her new book, “Self-Belief is your Superpower” launching in April.
There is a reason why Tory Archbold is one of the most connected women in Australia.
As CEO and Founder of Powerful Steps, host of podcast Powerful Stories and founder of brand and communications agency Torstar, it comes as no surprise that Tory has met some of the world’s most influential celebrities, entrepreneurs, and CEO’s.
But the reason for Tory’s long-lasting connections is not for the many accolades she has under her belt. It’s because of her authenticity and genuine care she shows for others. Through sharing her story of survival, of being a single mother determined to succeed, she has encouraged others along the way.
Believing in herself when no-one else would, at just 24 years old Tory started her career in the deep end, founding Australia’s most high-profile brand and communications agency, Torstar. Torstar didn’t get its reputation from just hype, the results were real. With her trademark passion and integrity Tory led her team of 22 staff and 10 freelancers to deliver award winning work with the world’s top-performing brands, celebrities and influencers including Zara, Nespresso, Seafolly, Sukin and Victoria’s Secret. Impressively Tory’s launch event for Zara in Sydney clocked over 22,000 people in attendance and was Zara’s most successful retail launch event to date.
Always one to trust her intuition, after 20 years Tory knew that it was time to start a new chapter. Her ah-ha moment came after she launched 3 of America’s most powerful brands into Australia. At a sold-out launch event for Drew Barrymore’s brand Flower Beauty organised by Tory, Drew shared with the crowd about how she survived tough times. Watching, Tory thought, ‘lady, I see you and raise you five. You know what, I’m done.’
Shutting the doors to her agency in 2019, Tory launched Powerful Steps, an online community and platform for women making global impact. With five programs available, Tory nurtures and encourages C-suite level women to own their story, step into their power and take their careers to the next level.
Through Powerful Steps Tory has helped transform the lives of over 600 women, including two recipients of ‘Telstra Business Woman of The Year’, board directors, media executives and COO’s. Top performing Australian corporates Salesforce, Commonwealth Bank and Optus also trust in Tory to speak to their leadership and sales teams, bringing inspiration and wisdom to their corporate events.
In This Episode We Discuss:
- Attracting like-minded people
- Tory’s 3 values for decision making
- Shining your inner light through intent
- Surrendering through the power of letting go
- Her journey of trusting to follow her passion
- The moments that changed her life
- Finding a happy heart
- Self-belief is your superpower
- Writing your five point story
- Linking up with like minded people, sharing that energy
- Just show up, the universe is waiting
- How to strip out the noise
- You are the sum of the people you surround yourself with, do not become stagnant, RISE!
- How to Elevate yourself everyday with something that keeps you aligned
- Website: https://powerful-steps.com/ The Coffee Challenge
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/powerfulsteps/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/powerfulstepsau
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/powerful
- Self-Belief Is Your Superpower by Tory Archbold https://amzn.to/3IWe4aY
- Powerful Stories Podcast https://podcasts.apple.com/au/podcast/powerful-stories-with-tory-archbold/id1533055335