Most of us lead very busy lives. A lot of packaged foods on the market care more about their bottom line than your health. That’s why I love finding Natural Food Entrepreneurs whose products begin with your health, like this week’s guest Sara McGlothlin. Sara is a Holistic Health Coach and Founder of Gratisfied, whose products have become some of my favorite goodies. She has combined convenience with nutrition to make some truly delicious products!
Sara McGlothlin is a holistic health coach, health writer, cookbook author, wellness entrepreneur and yoga/fitness teacher based in Richmond, VA. For years she has been coaching clients on the importance of holistic health and nutrition. Her practice is inspired by her passion of educating others how to live healthier lives.
In early January 2019, after publishing her first cookbook, she and her husband Alex launched their natural foods company, Gratisfied, fueled by their desire to make more of an impactful change in the packaged food space. Gratisfied is founded on the mission that there can be a world where nutrition and convenience co-exist. In June of 2020, Sara created her online magazine Healthified and subsequently launched The Healthified Podcast as platforms to share and educate across holistic health topics.
Before obtaining her certification as a holistic nutrition consultant, she worked in sales and marketing in both the banking and natural foods industries. She graduated from the University of Virginia with a B.A. in Economics, and received her Masters in Elementary Education from Mary Baldwin College.
In This Episode We Discuss:
- Sara’s health journey from a young age
- How her time as a Holistic Health Coach lead to creating products to help people maintain their nutrition
- Understanding that your body will learn to crave the good foods and dislike the over processed ones
- How to customize your “Gratisified” to meet your nutritional needs
- How becoming a Mom made her truly understand the challenges of building a business
- Good food keeps you satiated, a lot of packaged products trick you into wanting more when you don’t need it
- Being mindfully present when you eat
- Upholding the integrity of Holistic Health
- Making the choice to take time for yourself
- Website: https://gratisfied.com/ https://healthified.com/ https://www.saramcglothlin.com/
- 15% off your first order on gratisfied.com: jayne15
- Instagram: @gratisfied https://www.instagram.com/gratisfied/?hl=en @healthified https://www.instagram.com/healthified/?hl=en
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/sara.seward.31
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/sara-seward-mcglothlin-77701554
- The Healthified Podcast https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-healthified-podcast/id1559582748
Connect with Jayne:
- Website: https://www.jaynewilliams.com/
- Instagram: @jayne_williamswellness https://www.instagram.com/jayne_williamswellness/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jaynewilliamswellness/