I knew I had to interview this dynamic duo when I opened Instagram and saw 87 year old Ann Esselstyn pulling an 18 wheeler tire up the hill!!
“Be a Plant Based Woman Warrior” is truly a perfect title for these two amazing, strong, healthy focused, mission driven women. This mother/daughter duo have dedicated their lives to empowering others to focus on plants to find better health. Both are accomplished authors and educators as well as mothers whose thoughtful action has stretched across many generations of family. They receive thousands of letters each week from men and women whose lives have been transformed by their work. Regardless of your dietary preferences you will have incredible takeaways from this episode, that you can apply not only to your plate, but your entire life.
Ann Esselstyn, M.Ed.
Ann is an author, educator, and motivational speaker in the plant-based arena. She graduated from Smith College and received a master’s degree in education from Wheelock College. Ann taught English and some history for 27 years at Laurel School in Ohio. She stopped teaching in 2000 to focus on creating delicious and healthy recipes to prevent and reverse heart disease, and counseling patients with her husband, Dr. Caldwell Esselstyn, on how to follow a plant-based diet. Through the years, she juggled raising four children, teaching, and figuring out plant-based, oil-free ways to cook. Ann developed the recipes for the New York Times Best Seller, Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease and in 2014 she wrote The Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease Cookbook with her daughter Jane Esselstyn.
Jane Esselstyn, RN
Jane brings her perspective and passion as a woman, nurse, researcher, and mother to creating on-ramps to the plant-based way of life. She is an avid and inventive designer of plant-based recipes and the co-author of The Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease Cookbook with her next-door neighbor and mom, Ann, and The Engine 2 Cookbook with her brother, Rip. She also created the recipe section of #1 New York Times Best Seller, Plant-Strong by Rip Esselstyn. The Journal of Pediatrics recently published the study she worked on with the Cleveland Clinic, which observed the effects of a plant-based diet on pediatric obesity. A tireless champion for families and their health, Jane brings remarkable clarity, compassion, and humor to the table and presents a no-nonsense approach to raising plant-strong families.
In This Episode We Discuss:
- Why have a Plant Based diet?
- The science behind Heart Disease
- The biggest dietary deficiency today is Fiber
- Secret ingredient brownies!
- The amazing stories of health recoveries they receive
- Nature made sweetness
- The greatness of greens
- A plant based diet can benefit your sexual health
- The energy for life at any age
- Kids perspective of a plant based life
- The amazing true taste of whole foods
- Free bonus video link with your book preorder!
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/JaneEsselstyn
- Website: https://www.dresselstyn.com/site/about/about-ann-jane-esselstyn/ https://janeesselstyn.com/ https://esselstynfamilyfoundation.org/the-esselstyn-story/esselstyn-family-history/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/jane_esselstyn_rn/?hl=en
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/healthcareisselfcare
- Be A Plant-Based Woman Warrior: Live Fierce, Stay Bold, Eat Delicious By Jane & Ann Esselstyn https://amzn.to/3e95f0b
- The Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease Cookbook: Over 125 Delicious, Life-Changing, Plant-Based Recipes By Ann & Jane Esselstyn https://amzn.to/3pUaV0H