Ashley Wray’s life completely changed after having one conversation with a stranger on a plane. At the time Ashley had a good job, but not one that completely “fulfilled” her. In this episode, she shares her story on how and why one simple conversation with a stranger, propelled her to take massive action, change her life, leave her job, and build a business and life she loves while connecting people from all over the world.
Ashley Wray is the founder and CEO of Mala Collective. The company works with artisans in Asia (from Bali to India to Nepal) to create products supporting a mindfulness and meditation practice.
Merging both authentic practices and beautiful pieces, Mala Collective wants to inspire you to live your mindfulness practice at home and throughout the day. Ashley designs the pieces, such as mala beads, crystal kits, and meditation cushions, by merging tradition and modern-day aesthetic.
Since starting Mala Collective in 2011, Ashley has taught meditation across North America, taking meditation trainings from LA to NY to India and Bali, and has worked to make meditation and mindfulness more accessible and fun.
The cushions and crystals are meant to inspire you to take a moment to breathe. The mala beads are tools you can use in your practice, but also beautiful beads you can wear throughout your day to remind you of intention.
Mala Collective has worked with brand partners from Lululemon to Anthropologie. And has been featured in YGQ, British Vogue, Yoga Journal, Goop, Well + Good, and Poosh.
In This Episode We Discuss:
- How serendipity changed her life
- Her journey of connecting artisans with the world
- Sharing the beauty that inspires her
- Creating a space for your peace
- Why there’s no wrong way to meditate
- The one thing you need to start meditating
- How to turn affirmations into beliefs
- How to use a Mala to enhance your meditation
- The gifts meditation has given her
- The power of thoughts and self talk
- Letting go of limiting beliefs
- Flip the switch on fear and get over yourself
- Gratitude journaling and how it has changed her life
- Website: https://www.ashleywray.co/ https://www.malacollective.com/
- Instagram: @ashley__wray @malacollective https://www.instagram.com/ashley__wray/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/malacollective/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/afwray
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/ashley-wray-450b0761/