Nichole Perkins is the founder of PrimaFoodie, a media company with the mission to shift the tide of food awareness and clean living. A self-described food warrior, Nichole is fueled by her belief that a healthy, empowered, conscious lifestyle can be accessible to everyone.
Having struggled with various autoimmune conditions, including SIBO, psoriasis, rhinitis, and leaky gut, Nichole started on a journey of self-healing through food. She conducted voracious research and sought the counsel of functional and alternative medicine practitioners. This journey revealed Nichole’s passion to inform people of a universal truth: Health is both a human right and a deeply individual journey.
Today Nichole shares all this wisdom on PrimaFoodie. She and her team provide fact-based, inspirational content centered around healing foods, accessible low FODMAP and SIBO-friendly recipes, and healthy lifestyle choices. Through celebrating the small wins and opening up conversations, Nichole wants to inspire you to own your personal journey toward better health—and to thrive.
In This Episode We Discuss:
- How her daughter’s health needed more than a prescription
- How learning her family’s health history has impacted her journey
- The pillars of health and how these basics can affect your body
- What are the two daily goals she strives for every day
- What fundamental food philosophy does she follow
- Why she sees a Functional Medicine doctor over a conventional one
- Top tips on eating healthy, lifestyle and filling your pantry
- How we can impact the whole health of our society
- Website: https://www.primafoodie.com/
- Instagram: @primafoodie https://www.instagram.com/primafoodie/
- PrimaFoodie Heal Summer Summit 2021 https://www.primafoodie.com/heal-summer-health-summit-2021
- Michael Pollan https://michaelpollan.com/
- “Fearless Broths & Soups” by Craig Fear, NTP https://amzn.to/37YC1dW
Connect with Jayne: